|Publisher||Macmillan South Africa|
|Print Price||R 69.95|
The Solutions for all courses have been developed to support the content (knowledge, concepts and skills) contained in the National Curriculum Statement (NCS), as organised in the new Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS).
The Solutions for all courses have been organised to support teaching and learning in the classroom by presenting the material to be taught and practised in the classroom in 30â€…–â€…60 minute lessons. In each lesson the learners will:
- Establish what they already know about a topic
- Learn new facts about a topic
- Practise using the new knowledge, concepts and skills they have acquired in the lesson.
In addition, learners are provided with:
- Additional homework activities
- Extra practice activities that cater for both learner support and enrichment
- A summary of a cycle of work. A cycle may consist of one or more weeks’ work.
The Solutions for all Learner’s Books are supported by the Solutions for all Teacher’s Guides, Solutions for all Workbooks and Solutions for all Big Books, for Literacy courses. These courses provide everything the teacher and learners need to master subjects taught in the Foundation Phase: a complete solution for the classroom.
Accompanying every course is a number of free resources that will assist teachers with effective teaching in the Foundation Phase classroom. One extremely valuable resource is a DVD that contains footage of expert advice and filmed lessons, on the following:
- Previous day setup: getting ready for the day begins the day before; arrangement of classroom, managing resources
- Staffroom: teachers talking and planning
- Morning routine: assembly, line up, orientation
- Numeracy: best practice – carpet work, practical work, written work, concrete apparatus
- Literacy: best practice – shared, guided and individual reading, Phonics (whole class), group work
- Break: importance of play, sharing, taking turns, gross motor development
- Life skills: learning centres, multi-level teaching, inclusion
- Break: behaviour is a symptom of not coping with school work, discipline
- Homework routine: worksheets, differentiated homework, sticker code (red mark = reading, blue = sums)
- Next day setup: preparing resources, planning lessons
- Assessment: recording and reporting, mark book, marking work.
Solutions for all courses for the Foundation Phase are available for:
- English First Additional Language
- Mathematics (in Afrikaans, isiNdebele, Setswana, Sesotho, Siswati, Tshivená¸“a, Xitsonga)
- Life Skills (in English, Afrikaans, isiXhosa, Setswana, Sesotho, Sepedi)
- Home Language (in English, Setswana, Sesotho, isiZulu, Tshivená¸“a)