Our teacher support programmes
Coaching and Mentoring for individual staff and/or the School Management Team
- MTC has a unique one-on-one Coaching programme, during the school day, aimed at enhancing individual and organisational capacity by developing and disseminating resources, doing demonstration lessons, mediating resources continuously during the programme and assisting the educators with planning and preparation.
- MTC appoints professional, well qualified, experienced coaches who act as mentors and coaches.
- They spend two days per week in the classroom with the teachers and do one-on-one coaching sessions after school.
- When needs are identified, staff attends workshops on one Saturday per month or per term, depending on the programme and budget, to address the identified needs.
Professional Development workshops
- MTC will offer Professional Development workshops and will conduct Saturday training sessions for all staff at the selected schools.
- These sessions will equip the educators with the required knowledge and skills to deliver lessons that will last a lifetime, where children can learn actively in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Various options are available, for example: one full day Saturday workshop per month for the entire year. Educators hand in Portfolios of Evidence at the end of the programme.
- MTC will also assist the schools holistically, assisting with policy development and sound school management principles.
- Schools that want professional development for their staff can select from a variety of workshops according to their needs and time available whether it is after school or on weekends.
Professional Development Camps
- Many clients choose the option of weekend camps for problematic subjects such as Mathematics.
- The camps can only be structured this way: Teachers are booked into a venue after school on a Friday, the programme normally starts at 16:00 until 20:00. We continue on the Saturday from after breakfast until 18:00 in the evening. Sunday we continue up to lunch.
- Problem areas are targeted, teachers receive excellent resources and our knowledgeable and experienced tutors/coaches share new methodology and tips and tricks to make their lessons last a lifetime.
- The advantages of this model: the educators are more focused; no absenteeism; and they have a chance to network and share best practices with the tutors and each other.
We are happy to supply you with a custom-made proposal taking your specific needs, budget and requirements into consideration.