FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: Early Childhood Development
Qualification ID: 58761
NQF Level: 4
ETDPSETA Accreditation Number: ETDP10512
- Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 3 or equivalent (Grade 11)
- Second language at NQF level 2 or equivalent. (Grade 10)
- 18 months
Purpose of this qualification
This is an entry-level qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). Many of those who will seek this qualification are already practising within the field but without formal recognition. This qualification will enable recipients to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs). This will allow them to provide quality early childhood development services for children in various contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions.
The qualification consists of fundamental, core and elective components
Fundamentals component (11)
Core component (8)
Elective component (3)
This course will enable you to:
- plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development
- facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children
- provide care and support to babies, toddlers and young children.
- National Certificate in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 58761.
- National Diploma in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 64650.
- Higher Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 23117
How will the training work?
- The qualification will be offered part-time over 18 months.
- You will have to attend ± 5 full-day ONLINE sessions per month, mostly on Saturdays.
- The qualification requires you to gain practical workplace experience at a registered ECD centre of your choice.
- You will submit portfolios of evidence based on theory and do practical assessments at a registered ECD centre.
- You can work while doing the qualification part-time
- It is affordable, and you can pay monthly
- We offer excellent student support
- The cost for the qualification includes facilitation, training material, assessment, moderation, verification, ETDP SETA accredited statement of results, Macmillan Teacher Campus certificate and VAT.
- A payment plan can be made available.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will receive the ETDPSETA award FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE: EALRY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT, SAQA Qualification ID: 58761, NQF Level: 4, Credits: 140