Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development Practitioner
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare a learner to operate as an Early Childhood Development Practitioner.
An Early Childhood Development Practitioner plans and prepares early childhood activities, facilitates and mediates learning, observes and assesses the progress of children, and reflects on learning in an inclusive, play-based environment to support holistic development of children (from conception - school going) in different centre-based or non-centre-based settings.
The qualification facilitates the holistic development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs). It teaches you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions. This qualification also provides a basis for further professional development for many experienced practitioners in the field who have had limited access to further career development opportunities.
QCTO Accreditation Number: QCTOSDP01190305-1575 | SAQA QUAL 97542 | NQF Level: 4 | Credits: 131
This course will enable you to:
- Plan and prepare broad-phase learning environment and stimulating activities that meet the holistic needs of all children in centre-based or non-centre-based settings.
- Facilitate and mediate all aspects of the daily programme in a centre-based or non-centre-based setting.
- Observe, assess and record each child's progress according to the age and stage.
- Compile a report of each child's progress.
- Maintain and promote the well-being, health, nutrition, safety and protection of children.
NQF Level 3 qualification (equivalent to Grade 11/Standard 9)
- You can work while doing the qualification part-time
- It is affordable and you can pay monthly
- We offer excellent student support
Includes Facilitation, Training material, Resource kit, Assessment, Moderation, Verification, QCTO accredited statement of results, Macmillan Teacher Campus certificate. We will be happy to supply you with a quotation. A payment plan can be made available.
This qualification is made up of the following compulsory Knowledge Modules, Practical Skill Modules and Work Experience Modules totaling 131 Credits:
Knowledge Modules: 43 Credits:
- 234201000-KM-01, Introduction to the early childhood development sector, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-02, Theories and Perspectives of Child Development, at NQF Level 5, 6 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-03, Planning and Programme Development in early childhood settings, at NQF Level 4, 8 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-04, Facilitation and mediation of active learning, at NQF Level 5, 12 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-05, Observation and assessment in early childhood development, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-06, Promotion of health, safety and well-being of children, at NQF Level 4, 6 Credits.
- 234201000-KM-07, Administration for early childhood development services and programmes, at NQF Level 3, 3 Credits.
Practical Skill Modules; 43 Credits:
- 234201000-PM-01, Plan and prepare inclusive educational activities and routines using an approved programme based on the curriculum framework, at NQF Level 4, 12 Credits.
- 234201000-PM-02, Facilitate and mediate active learning in an integrated and holistic learning programme, at NQF Level 5, 9 Credits.
- 234201000-PM-03, Observe, assess, record and report each child's progress according to the age and stage, at NQF Level 4, 4 Credits.
- 234201000-PM-04, Support and promote the health, nutrition, safety, protection and well-being of children, at NQF Level 4, 12 Credits.
- 234201000-PM-05, Build and maintain collaborative relationships with parents and other service providers, at NQF Level 4, 3 Credits.
- ·234201000-PM-06, Prepare and maintain administrative systems, at NQF Level 3, 3 Credits.
Work Experience Modules; 45 Credits:
- 234201000-WM-01, Learning programme and routines planning and preparation process, at NQF Level 4, 13 Credits.
- 234201000-WM-02, Processes of facilitating and mediating the learning programme in a variety of contexts, at NQF Level 4, 15 Credits.
- 234201000-WM-03, Processes of observation, assessment, recording and reporting on children's learning and development, at NQF Level 4, 7 credits.
- 234201000-WM-04, Processes and procedures of promoting the health, nutrition, safety, protection and well-being of children in an early childhood development setting, at NQF Level 4, 10 Credits
- National Certificate in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 58761.
- National Diploma in Early Childhood Development, NQF Level 5, SAQA ID: 64650.
The Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development Practitioner is a credit-bearing National Qualification on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO).
Upon successful completion of the programme students will receive the QCTO award Occupational Certificate: Early Childhood Development NQF Level 4 SAQA QUAL 97542.